Thursday, September 10, 2009

LESSONS

I had practiced making schedules. The good thing about it is that i know what i have to accomplish. It establishes a sense of direction. The not - so- good thing is that if and when something goes wrong, it really kills me. It ruins the entire day for me.

The other day, i already had my self pre-set. After work i should get my collection in the amount of Php10,000.00. I should arrive at home at lunch time. A short meal and i should be working on my commenting tasks and then work on my blog. Every thing is already set. I should be able to collect money and earn some as well for my commenting job. I should be able to accomplish that that day.

Unfortunately, as soon as i got off from work, it rained dogs and cats. Well, it had been raining the whole night. Adhering to the schedule i went off to collect the money. But then, because of the heavy rain, half of my body was already soaking wet and i was already feeling cold even before i could get on a jeepney that will take me to the place of my destination. I was supposed to go to Recto via Espana. That is the fastest route for me. Despite being soaking wet and feeling cold, it is fine, i said to myself. Bear with the situation! After this, i will be in the comfort of my home able to meet my schedule. But then, i was just in the entrace of Espana road when we encountered heavy traffic. Gosh...i was already freezing cold. Not yet in the middle when the jeepney was already turning back because of the flood. The driver returned our fare and said sorry, he can not pass thru Espana anymore because it is already flooded. I had no choice but to drop my self off , find a safe place to stand and look at the flooded road. I was on the dead end. Trouble was that i may not be able collect the money. I was soaking wet, i was cold and already hungry. The most sane thing to do was to go home. Hey, even going home had been a challenge because the vehicle had to find a road that is excessible for a vehicle to pass thru. I felt so dismayed and kind angry. I arrived home way past lunch time. Sure i had my self dry as soon as i got home. Ate my meal as well. However, i felt so miserable because my schedule had been ruined. More so, i am not able to collect my money. I studied the situation. I should have taken a different route. So, i said to myself, try again? I have to weigh the situation. It was a bad weather outside. If i will stay home, i will earn at most P400. If i proceeded on getting my money, i will have P10,000. I do not think there is a competition here, dont you think so? If you were on my shoe, would you chose P400 over P10,000. Specially with the fact that this is the good time to collect, i am unsure of when i could again set another schedule for my collection. Maybe a number of weeks again because the person i am to meet have a very hectic schedule. So, i went out again. However, i am not able to work on my commenting job and i am not able to blog. Wheww...i blamed the typhoon. I hate rainy season. More that i hate typhoon. But then, i realized that i felt worst because i blamed it in the bad weather. I made a bad choice of passing thru Espana. I failed. How can i be too stupid not to see that coming? You see, my friend, when i make plans, i told my self that there might be challenges to these plans. Unexpected things might happen and i should anticipate those hindrances to increase the chances of getting on with my plan successfully. That is how it should be. No loop holes. No excuses. My co-worker said i am meticulous. A friend told me i have the tendency to be a perfectionist sometimes. Am i? I do not know. But i know that if and when my plan did not work, it really gave me a real high blood feeling.

I learned something on this experience. Regardless of whether my fault or not, bottom line is that not every plan will turn out to be successful. It would be better to accept things as they come and make the most out of what we have. Life is not perfect. I just have to deal with it and make the most out of it. Change the things i can still work and but accept the things i can not anymore change. Perhaps forgive myself for committing mistakes.

There is also another thing that i realized more. Happiness is that emotion we have regardless of whether we are in a pleasant or unpleasant situation. It should not be limited to as a result of what we are able to achieve. It should be an emotion inside us in lighter times and even in trying times.

Thank you for reading and al
ways take care.

1 comment:

katherine said...

hay grabe sis...sugod ka pa rin sa baha...

well, i hope walang baha dyan sa inyo ngayon. i saw it on tv na grabe na naman ang baha ngayon.

Ingat kayo palagi.