Saturday, January 16, 2010

SELF -HELP TIPS IN STUDYING


In a standard office environment, transfer to another department would mean another orientation. Perhaps one would be taught of the process and the job description. However, for those who are in the call centre industry, transfer from one account to another would mean a new training, new study and of course, another set of examinations. Bottom line, another process of studying. How should we study? What would be the points to remember if and when we came across that old familiar stage in our life, studying and learning.

1. Set Priorities. At the stage where I am at, my career and my job is at stake. This means that my very own bread and butter, including my career with the company, will depend on the outcome of this training. I will be studying for one full month. For me, this means I must dedicate my time, schedule and my full focus to the whole process of this training. I am supposed to apply and/or bid for new writing tasks. However, I delayed all the writing tasks for now up until next month. I will reserve my full energy to this project. I have to set my priorities. At this point, my training is my priority.


For a student, setting priorities does not necessarily mean one have to shun every aspect of her/his life and bury ones head in text books. It simply means that the student MUST know what is more important and should give the energy, focus and time necessary to meet the challenges that goes with said priority.


2. Create a study schedule. I plan to have a notebook on day 1. I will reserve a number of hours every day for purposes of studying the topics covered for a particular day. This number of hours could be before or after the actual training schedule. This should be on an every day schedule. On top of the studying time, there would also be a review time. This is the time when I will be reading my notes from the previous days and go over each of them so I could refresh all those previous information that really needs to sink in.


When I was a student, I used to wake up very early to prepare for school. I used to reserve 30 minutes before I go out of that door and go to school. The 30 minutes allotted time was spent into opening my notebook and going over the previous notes. I did not memorize. I just read every line, every word, every day for 20 to 25 minutes. The 5 to 10 mnts were spent making sure that my things are all in bag and I forgot nothing. After school, i would reserve 1 or 1 ½ hour doing my assignments and studying. Hence, I opened my notes twice. First, to review. Second, the memorization – if needed and the study proper.


3. Allow our minds to rejuvenate To prepare it for the next day. After 1 or 1 ½ hr study, I am done. That means when I am done, I am done. I unwind. Play. Watch TV. Anything except studying for that day. We have to allow our minds relax and rejuvenate in order to prepare it for the next day.

There are other tips. Above information are quite simple and could be followed in a day to day basis. In addition, allow me to give out other reminders as well.

1. The key word is discipline. We should not stray away from our schedule.No excuses.


2. Avoid information over load. Take one step at a time. One can only chew as much.



3. On examination period, ask yourself, if you are the teacher, what would be the questions you will give?


4. When and if you have time, read ahead.


5. Never skip class. How can you learn if you are not present in class?


6. Chill. Learn to relax.

So, this is good luck for me and if you are in the middle of studying, good luck to you as well. Hope you got a thing or two from my tips above. That is what i considered as an effective way to fill in those information in our head.

The picture came from mzv.cz/public

Happy Studying and take care.


No comments: