Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GROUNDHOG DAY


When I was a kid, I used to go out in the open field. I used to watch the marvel and beauty of rainbow. More than being a great scenery, it reminds me of the saying that the world will not be drown by water.I even remembered a time when some one stated it will not rain yet because the rainbow is in the sky. Foolish as it may, it had been my indicator. If and when i see the rainbow, I took it that It would be fine to go out in the field. It would not rain yet.

I suppose in other countries, they have an indicator of the forth coming seasons. Just like that I had my indicator of whether it is fine to go out in the field or not.

In the United States, they have the Groundhog Day. I am not sure but I think it is also observed in Canada. It is said that a groundhog could actually predict how long the winter would be. This is how it works, if a groundhog comes out of its burrow and it failed to see its shadow, this means a short winder. However, if it sees its shadow, it will result a longer period of winter. That would be a continuance of winder for at least six weeks.

Woodchuck predicting seasonal length may be questionable to science or to weather people. However, it had been believed by many that it had been celebrated on the 2nd day of February.

Picture from trainingfortraders.com

Take care every one.


No comments: