Sunday, August 9, 2009

200 POUNDS BEAUTY

I approached a friend. It is almost our day off and I really want to watch a good movie. I am hoping he could give one of the series of CSI-NY. Instead he gave me a Korean movie CD. I think I raised my eyebrow when he handed the CD in my hands. As if he read my mind, he smiled and said “It is a good watch, I promise you”.

The CD is entitled 200 lbs Beauty. It is a romance film. Thing is I am not into romance and/or love stories. Oh no! That is not my cup of tea. However, I had nothing to watch anymore. So, as I played the CD, I am not expecting anything. However, while watching it made me sit and really watch the movie. It has a way of capturing its audience. The plot was very light and it is funny. Even my son who was playing PSP at the time stopped and watched. In no time, we were both watching and laughing. I liked the song “Maria”. No, wait.. not like, I loved it! In the end, we both enjoyed the film. Romance films are not that bad after all. Not to mention it was funny. I felt good after watching the film.

200 lbs. beauty is about Hanna who had been showered with such a gracious vocal chord. Unfortunately, despite her overflowing talent and singing niche, she have a very low self-esteem. This is because she is obese. After an embarrassing encounter, she decided to have a total change. A plastic surgery actually. When she made her come back as another person, she thought she will be happy. Only to find out that she missed the person she really was when she was just the plain, ugly Hanna. It starred Korean singer Kim Ah Jung and Ju Jin-Mo.

Picture taken from ph.images.yahoo.search.

Let me post the song Maria for you.


Maria Lyrics (200 Pounds Beauty OST)
Singer: Kim Ah Jung ??? / Romanization by Kreah

cha chigum shija-khae
chogum-sshwil ttokob-ke
uhh… turyowo-hajima

pyolchyojin nunape
cho tae-yangi ki-reul bichwo
uhh… chol-tae-momchujima

Maria ave Maria
cho hwim-kurum kkeut-kaji nara
Maria ave Maria
gochin-paddowin sang-gwa-nobshi

cha chigum shija-khae
chogum-sshwil ttokob-ke
uhh… chol-tae-momchujima

Maria ave Maria
cho hwim-kurum kkeut-kaji nara
maria ave maria
gochin-paddowin sang-gwa-nobshi

Maria

mamchwo-borin shim-jang chon-chega
koncha-bulsu-ob-shi ttwi-yo-wa

(Repeat 2x) Maria ave Maria
cho hwim-kurum kkeut-kaji nara
Maria ave Maria
chojin-paddowin sang-gwa-nobshi



2 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Cen, nice blog you have, and interesting story too.
I guess we all have to watch what we eat presently, as no joke put on weight...how to dance the tinikling or do the Tango? Ha ha.

Allow me to say, you sure one very attractive lady Cen.
And if you were to hold a bouquet of a dozen red roses infront of your mirror, you will see 13.

You have a nice day and hold that smile, never can tell who is falling in love with your smile.
Mabuhay, Lee.

Cens World said...

Hello Uncle Lee.

I can not imagine a obese person doing tinikling or tango. Makes me smile at the thought though. And
Thank you for your kind words you wrote to me.

I do not see myself as that attractive but thank you anyway.

Have a great day and take care.