Monday, December 8, 2008

LADIES NAME AND FLOWERS NAME!

I know of names of ladies that resembles the name of a flower like Rose, Lily, Daisy, Dalia and well, i am sure there are a lot more out there. When i was a little girl my playmates used to call me Lily for my nickname. At first it was just fine. However, when my play mates started teasing me water lily, i started to dislike my nick name. So when i reached high school, i made sure i will be known simply by my first name which is Shirley. No nickname. It was when i was employed that my co-workers started calling me "She." I said i do not have a nick name so they gave me one. After that, it became automatic. It was as if anywhere i go, people called me She. But do you know that the name Shirley is also a name of a flower? Wow! had you heard of a flower "Shirley"? I will not be surprise if you did not. Actually there is a flower "Shirley". It is an annual flower and it glows under the sun. It has large silky blooms on top of its straight stems. Its color varies from fuchsia to pink. The scientific name of this flower is papaver rhoeas. So, for ladies whose name is the same as mine! Believe it, your name is also a name of a flower. Speaking of names, it is said that each name has a corresponding meaning, too! Well, the answer is yes. I know the meaning of the name of my son. However, with regards to the meaning of Shirley? That i do not know! I will just be content that my name is also a name of a beautiful flower. That is already nice as it is. Blogger, readers, friend, have a nice day!




Source of Picture: (Above pictures of flower shirley poppy)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grand_duchess/2816813854/



2 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

Hi there! Just dropped by to tell you that I linked your site to mine and shared an award with you...Hope you drop by! Happy blogging!

richard said...

Hello mommy She' just visiting and want you to know that I have tag for you...

Keep on smiling...