Monday, January 12, 2009

GET EVEN OR MOVE ON?

It is quite cold this morning and I am listening to a music of Don Mc Lean, it is now singing American Pie! Do you know the artist? Well, maybe the song is familiar. A coffee beside my laptop. I think I can sit and write today. Anyways, a while ago I was watching CSI-New York, Season 4. The episode revolves around the story of three women who had been victims. Vibrant and smart women who wears a confident smile on their faces but holds a deep, fresh wound that stays like for an eternity. It is a wound that does not go away but becomes a part of their soul. What if the culprit gets away with full smile and enjoys a grand time of his life. What is more damaging? The fact that the culprit got away with it and having a blissful life as well or the fact that the damage he left had caused a permanent damage in your life? So, two of these women chose to confront the culprit and get even.

When I watch a series or a movie, I have the tendency to grasp the concept of the story specially if it somehow rings a bell. Would you rather leave the pain behind and go on with your life or would you rather confront it? is confronting the pain meant getting even? This question rings a bell for me. My husband had abandoned me and my son. No financial support, not even a cent. Ten years ago he was smiling when he told me “I don’t replace wives, I add wives!” He had been confident that upon old age, my son will be there for him. Regardless of the fact that he abandoned my child, he can have my son on his own terms nonetheless. His is confident that he can take anything away from me any time and any how he wants!! His confidence is so unnerving. He did not gave me the copy of our divorce and he still refused to support my child. In time, he will be having his full citizenship in a western country. He treated me like I am a piece of rag that he can and will use when he wants and throw when he does not have any use anymore. He took something away from me and he got away with a smile on his face. He is having a grand time on a western country right now. My father told me “One day God will make a way, there will be twist some how.” It has been almost nineteen years and I seriously don’t believe that anymore. Anyway, I can say with confidence that I picked up the pieces and I am on the process of making something of my life.! I know deep inside I will and can make something good in my life. Even though I did and still will do it all alone. Even though I am not as religious as my father is and not close to my fathers’ God as well. Going back to the series, about the story of the three girls. One of the women uttered “they get away with it with full smile..i cant let that happen!” Makes me have this thought. Well, maybe sometimes, it is not really about getting even because that will not restore what had been taken away from us. Maybe it is about accepting the imperfections of life and moving forward, right? What do you think? Have a nice day to you!!

Sourceof picture:

2 comments:

richard said...

Hello Momi She, I have tag for you, Kindly visit my blog Dreamworks...

Hmmm nice story...

See you at work...

Cens World said...

Thanks for the tag, Richard. and have a nice day to you..!!